- Size: 78 (H) x 30 (W) x 47 mm (L)
- Power Range: 1 – 100W
- TEMP Range: 200 – 600F/ 100 – 315℃
- Thread: Spring loaded 510 thread
- Modes: VW/VV/Bypass/TC-Ti/TC-Ni/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2, M3)
- Charging port: Micro USB port
- Display: 0.96 inch TFT color screen
- Battery: 1 x 26650 battery (not included) ; 1 x 18650 battery (not included)
- Logo customization
- Customizable firing button profiles (CFBP)
- Firmware upgradable
- Continuous Fire Time can be adjusted from 5s to 15s
- Automatic Cut Off
- Overheat Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Low Resistance Protection
- Over Discharge Protection
- Over charge Protection
Aspire NX 100 TC Box Mod is the newest mid-sized mod from Aspire. It is the upgraded version of the NX75 available for $52.88 from efuntop and both of these mods are customizable. It offers new features and technology that will cater any type of vapers, beginners and advanced alike.
This box mod is made from die-casted Zinc Alloy and is powered by either single 26650 battery or 18650 battery. It sports a 510-spring loaded connection that makes it compatible with almost every atomizer in the market. It has a maximum output of 100W when using 26650 battery and 75W when using 18650 battery. It is capable of firing different coil resistance ranging from 0.1 – 2.0ohm both in Variable wattage and temperature control modes. It has a temperature range of 100 – 315 degrees Celsius.
The Aspire NX100 features four different modes. Such as the Variable Wattage, Variable Voltage, CFBP, and Temperature Control mode which supports Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel SS316.
The CFBP or Customizable Firing Button Profile mode allows the user to customize the heat ramp up of your coil. It is like fine tuning your puffs to get the maximum result you wanted. For example, your mod is originally set at 40W but you want to jump start the heat of your coil, you can set 100W for the first 0.5 second of your puff, after that the wattage will go down to the original wattage of 40W. You can also play
around with power curve and set a different wattage for each second of your puff until you get your desired result.
The menu for NX100 is simplified compared to other variable wattage mods. It has 5 button control for easier navigation; one button dedicated for Temperature adjustment and one dedicated for Wattage adjustment. It also has 0.9inch colored LED which adds style to your mod, this is completely customizable. You can put your name on it and change its color or go crazy with the color scheme of your menu.
This mod comes with a pack of safety features namely, Automatic Cut off, short circuit, low resistance, overheat and over charge protection. But what I like the most is the continuous firing protection. Accidental firing does happen sometimes and this feature will prevent your mod to fire on a long period of time; the best thing about it is you can adjust how long you will allow the device to fire continuously.
For the purpose of the test, I used my Wismec Inde Duo RDA. I built it with Clapton wires 5 wraps and reading at 0.26ohms. I usually vape this at around 40W with my Sigelei j150 at Variable Wattage mode and that is the same set up I had with the NX100. The result is really nice; I did not get any misfires on the firing button. The buttons are responsive and there are no rattling sounds on the device.
I tried the CFBP mode; I had it at 80W for 0.5 seconds, then down to 40W for the next 2 seconds, and finally 60w for the next 0.5 seconds and down to my original wattage of 40W. I did that just to jump start the heating of my coils and produce nice vapour on set of my puff then I lowered it down to get the nice taste of the juice and crank it up a bit to get extra vapour before exiting my puff. For me this feature is awesome, I was able to get nice chunk of clouds but I did not lose the flavour. Usually for ordinary mods, if you have it at constant 80W on your 5 second hit, you will get nice clouds but lose that flavour, but with this feature you can balance it out. Really nice feature to have.
Overall, Aspire NX100 TC box mod have more features than other full sized mods. Don’t get fooled with its size, it is a compact device but it brings great new features on the table.
- CFBP mode. This is a great feature for me; I was able to improve my flavour production without sacrificing cloud production.
- I really like having an option to switch between 18650 and 26650 batteries. That makes this mod more versatile.
- The continuous firing protection is a great added protection especially for travellers who always put everything on their bags or pockets. This can prevent burning your cotton, overheating the device and even blowing up your mod.
- I am not a fan of different colors on my screen. For me this is just a waste of effort trying to customize the colors on the display, but this is just for me; some may find it good but not for me.
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Aspire NX100 MOD
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Warranty Card
- 1 x Battery adaptor sleeve